1. Ursa Major
So far, just the bear is pieced (using Juliet's wonderful Big Bear pattern - available here), but I have more of the blue background fabric to complete the quilt top and an idea. Update from Q1: zero progress.
2. Clover Sunshine and Oakshott
I haven't made any more progress with these blocks, and I'm still not totally sure what I want to do with them... Update from Q1: zero progress.
3. Midnight at the Oasis
I still love this quilt, but I haven't really worked on it since Christmas 2013(!). The fourth border is really nearly done, so I should probably make getting that finished my goal and then start thinking about the next border (all those teeny tiny churn dash blocks). Update from Q1: zero progress.
4. Indie Stripes quilt
I've been hand-quilting this quilt for about a year. I don't think it will get finished in Q1 (particularly because it's quite warm at the moment and therefore not the best time to sit under a big quilt while you stitch it), but I'm determined to finish it this year. Update from Q1: um, I started quilting this one again?
5. Bangles Quilt
I started this quilt in January 2013, and yup, I've still only sewn a single hexagon... Update from Q1: zero progress.
6. Jenny's Fancy That quilt
I started this quilt in October 2013, in a class with Sarah Fielke. I stitched one quarter wheel in place using the needle turn method and it got a big lump in it, and I haven't touched it since. I'm going to unpick that part, abandon any attempts at needle turn appliqué (it's just not for me), and machine blanket stitch the appliqué in place instead. Update from Q1: zero progress.
7. Cotton and Steel and Low Volume quilt
Another new project, this one started in 2015! This is continuing my exploration of improvisational curved piecing. As you may be able to tell from the name, this quilt uses a selection of low volume fabrics together with fabrics from the first Cotton and Steel collections. I've made four blocks (out of 15) so I reckon this should at least be a quilt top in Q1. Update from Q1: zero progress.
8. Purple wonky stars and 1930's prints
I started cutting fabric for this quilt in January last year, because I thought it might make a good Radiant Orchid project. However, I never actually got around to piecing it. It's inspired by this quilt and I still want to make it. Update from Q1: zero progress.
9. Green and blue drunkard's path quilt
Another quilt I never blogged about - but part of my resolution to conquer curves in 2014. I used my friend Anne's Accuquilt die-cutting machine to cut lots of blue and green drunkard's path blocks. I'm planning to put them together fairly randomly.
Update from Q1: omg I have a quilt top!
10. Argh My Eyes V2
I made a quilt called Argh My Eyes! for Quilt Symposium. The process of making this quilt meant I ended up with 60 blocks for a 30 block quilt - so I can make a second quilt using the extra blocks. I'm thinking I'll add some appliqué to the second one so it is truly a different quilt from the first. Update from Q1: zero progress, BUT at least you can see the first quilt now.
11. Karen Lewis Log Cabin mini V2
When I started my igminiswap quilt, I knew I was going to love it, so I cut enough pieces for a second version for myself. I've started making the blocks but other priorities intervened at the end of last year.
Update from Q1:
I have a quilt top!
Update from Q1:
12. Blue, White and April Showers High Tea quilt
After I made my first High Tea quilt, I decided to make a second one using a layer cake of April Showers that had been sitting in my stash for a while, and white and navy solids. I've stitched all the sashing strips together but I think I was defeated by the ironing! Update from Q1: I ironed a bunch of stuff.
13. Dressing Table set quilt
I've collected quite a few of these colourful vintage doilies / dressing table sets, and I would really like to incorporate them into a quilt. I have an idea - the main thing I need now is some free time to work on it. Update from Q1: zero progress.
In order to keep up with my Year 30 quilt challenge (read more about it here) while I was away on holiday, I prepared these orange peel blocks for hand stitching. They were really fun, and a certain someone insisted that I should make a quilt using similar blocks. At this stage, the quilt may be more of a mini, but we'll see! Update from Q1: I've put more blocks together but they're not all stitched down yet.
15. Yoshiko Jinzenji cushion
I started this project at QuiltCon and I don't need to do much to finish it!
16. Broderie Perse project
Another project I started at QuiltCon, in Anna Maria Horner's class.
17. Glow quilt
Since I enjoyed stitching up my blue and green drunkard's path quilt so much, I decided to cut another drunkard's path quilt. This one uses a bundle of Glow, by Amy Butler.
18. Make it Work Quilt
Since I had the accuquilt, I decided to cut an equilateral triangle quilt too!
Sooo, since I made my Q1 list I've finished 5 projects, but I also started some new ones which means my list has only reduced by one. Ooops.
The Q2 link-up is open for a few more days, so if you haven't made your list and linked up yet, get on it! You can find the link-up here.