- At the start of each quarter there will be a linky party for you to link up your proposed list of finishes. You must link up in order to be able to be eligible for those prizes at the end. Please only enter ONE blog post or flickr photo or instagram photo at this starting link-up.
- In order for your projects to be eligible, they must at least be a tangible project at the start of the quarter. That means, at the very least, a pile of fabric pulled along with a pattern, or a quilt top needing to be quilted, or a half knit jumper. I love seeing your bee blocks, but they won't count unless you happen to be turning them all into a fully completed quilt!
- As you complete each of your projects on your list, write a post all about it, or a description of a Flickr pic.
- At the end of the quarter, link up each individual post/Flickr pic (please link back to your original list in some way). For each finish/link you complete, you get an entry into the draw, and therefore it's in your best interest to write up a separate post for each!
- A finish is defined as a completely finished project, eg a quilt, quilted and bound, a bag that's fully lined and functional, or a jumper that one could wear out in public. I'm happy for you if you get a quilt top completed in one quarter, but hold onto it for the next quarter and see if you can get it quilted and bound before entering please.
- You won't be punished if you don't finish your entire list, so feel free to make a big list and roll projects over from one quarter to the next if you need to.
- All qualifying finishes will be put into a prize draw, and the names drawn at random for each of the prizes donated by our sponsors for that quarter.
- The finish link party will be open for a week, and then the next quarter will open on the following day.
- During the week that the finish link party is open, there will be a series of tutorials appearing here on the blog. If you'd like to contribute a tutorial, please drop me an e-mail at adrianneonthewindyside at gmail dot com.
- The FAL is open to anyone, anywhere in the world.
I'd love if you'd spread the word about the FAL by popping my button in your post or on your blog. You can grab the code for a large button or a small button below:
Timetable for 2015 FAL:
7th January - Proposed finish list linky party opens
17th January - Proposed finish list linky party ends
31st March - Finishes linky party opens
1st - 5th April - Q1 tutorial week
6th April - Finishes linky party ends
7th April - Proposed finish list linky party opens
14th April - Proposed finish list linky party ends
30th June - Finishes linky party opens
1st - 5th July - Q2 tutorial week
6th July - Finishes linky party ends
7th July - Proposed finish list linky party opens
14th July - Proposed finish list linky party ends
30th September - Finishes linky party opens
1st - 5th October - Q3 tutorial week
6th October - Finishes linky party ends
7th October - Proposed finish list linky party opens
14th October - Proposed finish list linky party ends
31st December - Finishes linky party opens
1st - 5th January - Q4 tutorial week
6th January - Finishes linky party ends
For Q1 of the 2015 Finish-Along:
Fat Quarter Shop is providing a $75 gift voucher.
Rachael from imagine gnats is providing a $30 gift voucher.
Sara from Sew Sweetness is providing 3 patterns of the winner's choice.
Melissa from Sew Bittersweet Designs is providing 3 patterns of the winner's choice.
Becca from sew me a song is providing a $25 gift voucher.
Green Fairy Quilts is providing a $25 gift voucher.
Mad About Patchwork is providing a $30 gift voucher.
Juliet from Tartankiwi is providing 3 patterns of the winner's choice.
Fabricworm is providing a $30 gift voucher.
Alex from Aurifil is providing four prizes - 2 large thread sets and 2 small thread sets.
Alyce from Blossom Heart Quilts is providing a copy of her Bright Sky quilt pattern.
The team at Make Modern are providing a copy of the current issue of their magazine for two winners.
Danielle and Jeanette from Polka Dot Tea are providing a lovely prize which is yet to be confirmed.
Donna from Donna's Quilt Studio is providing a bundle - the specific fabrics to be included are to be confirmed closer to the time.
Rhonda from Quilter in the Gap is providing a surprise prize.
And finally, I will be providing a copy of each of my self-published patterns to a winner (full disclosure - at the moment there is only the one!).