|The official "Radiant Orchid" swatch!|
Grab our button and spread the word that the 2014 Pantone Quilt Challenge: Radiant Orchid is on now!
All items must be started in 2014 to be eligible
1. There will be 3 categories:
- Minis: Shortest side under 30". Pillows, table runners, place mats, mug rugs, etc. will count as minis.
- Quilts: any size from baby to bed (shortest side must be at least 30").
- Just the Top: any size from baby to bed (shortest side must be at least 30").
2. This is the Radiant Orchid Quilt Challenge, so your project must contain at least some Radiant Orchid or similar purple. You can also use any other colours or neutrals you like (and as many as you like). That said, we would like to see Radiant Orchid as the feature colour of your quilt and we will be asking the judges to take your use of Radiant Orchid into account when making their decision.
3. You can submit one entry per category. Entries for quilts and minis should be completed projects, including quilting and binding.
1. A link party/gallery will be hosted at Play Crafts and On the Windy Side. Entries will be open from March 14 - March 21 2014. Entries will close at on March 21 2014 at 11pm PST and winners will be announced on March 26 2014.
2. Each entry should link to a blog post / Threadbias post / Flickr page
3. Each entry should include quilt dimensions.
Now, onto the exciting stuff! Our sponsors have been more than generous, which means we have wish-we-could-win prizes on offer. Here are the details, and while you're there, please check out our lovely sponsors.
Quilts - judged by Allison Harris from Cluck Cluck Sew
First place - Oakshott Fabrics - £100 Gift voucher plus free shipping
Second place - Stitchbird Fabrics - fat quarter bundle of Ellen Luckett Baker's Garden collection
Third place - Fat Quarter Shop - $50 gift certificate
Minis - judged by Elizabeth Dackson from Don't Call Me Betsy
First place - Fat Quarter Shop - $50 gift certificate
Second place - Intrepid Thread - Mormor by Lotta Jansdotter fat quarter bundle
Third place - Westwood Acres - $20 gift certificate
Just the top - judged by Lee Heinrich from Freshly Pieced
First place - Aurifil - Thread pack ($130 value)
Second place - Hawthorne Threads - $50 gift certificate
Third place - Robert Kaufman Kona - Half-yard bundle of Pantone Spring Kona cotton solids
Finally, we would really really love to see an entry from absolutely everyone who feels the slightest bit inspired by Radiant Orchid, regardless of skill level, so an entry in each category that hasn't already won a prize will be drawn at random, and will win one of: a $25 gift voucher from Sew me a Song, a $25 gift voucher from Polka Dot Tea or a $25 gift voucher from Pink Chalk Fabrics.
We also think it's more fun when everyone gets to participate, so we will also run a viewer's choice award where everyone can vote on their favourite creation! The winner will receive this amazing Radiant Orchid inspired bundle from Fabricworm.
We are delighted to have three fantastic guest judges on board. These ladies are seriously talented quilters, designers and authors. We love their work and know they'll do a fantastic job when it comes to judging your entries!
From left to right: Allison Harris from Cluck Cluck Sew, Elizabeth Dackson from Don't Call Me Betsy, and Lee Heinrich from Freshly Pieced.
Other important information:
Introductory post - January 6
Update on prizes - January 8
For the Love of Colour: Radiant Orchid - January 13
Inspiring purple modern quilts - January 21
On the Windy Side Reminder Post / Play Crafts Reminder Post - 17 February
Linky/gallery opens for entries - March 14
Winners announced - March 26
The 2014 Pantone Quilt Challenge: Radiant Orchid has now finished, but you can check out all the amazing entries right here!
Just the Top