For this quilt I used a kind of batting that I haven't tried before, Quilter's Dream Green Batting which is made from recycled bottles. How cool is that? I thought it went pretty well with the theme of the quilt. I got this batting from Massdrop and a twin size package was more than enough to baste this quilt. I used my usual pin basting method and I didn't have any major issues with it, although I use a hera marker to mark my quilts and I found this batting didn't take the crease as well as cotton batting usually would.
I decided to quilt a cross-hatch grid on a slightly wonky angle. I wanted to keep the quilting simple but slightly off key. I used about 5 or 6 different blue and green threads, including Wonderfil, King Tut and Mettler. The colour differences are pretty subtle in the finished quilt.
I'm pretty delighted with how this quilt has turned out. It was a surprisingly easy, quick make, and the pieced back is a bit of fun.
This quilt was actually on my Q2 FAL list! I think this is my first finish for this quarter - I need to get back to that list and make some progress!