Now is the time to set my goals for the second quarter of 2013. I had a pretty good first quarter, so I shouldn't have too many WIPs to finish this round, right?
1. Giant Star Quilt. I have made some progress on this, but it's just not quite finished.
2. Pistols at Dawn Quilt. I took this very impromptu layout photo after I had received quite a few of the blocks from the lovely Fallow Group ladies. Now that I have received all but one of the blocks from the group (and I know that last one is on its way) I have four final blocks to make myself, then I can assemble the quilt top and quilt this up. I even have a backing fabric picked already!
3. & 4. Two teeny tiny baby quilts for the neonatal unit. I quilted these over the weekend, so I only need to stitch down the binding (which won't take long on quilts as small as these).
5. Oakshott and low volume plus quilt. I have made nine (out of a planned 49) of these blocks now, and I am enjoying taking my time with them. I feel like 3 months should be enough time to finish this quilt, but since I'm enjoying the process, I'm not going to rush through it.
6. Modern She Made Swap item - I've made the patchwork for the main item for my partner, which will be either a pillow or a mini quilt. I am really happy with how this has turned out so far!
7. A Letter from Lotta Quilt. This wee quilt needs basting and quilting - any suggestions for the quilting design?
Not too many WIPs? Yeah, right! And I have plans for several more projects, plus I was delighted to find out that a couple of my friends will be needing baby quilts soon (I'm really pleased and excited for them!).
Are you participating in the Finish-Along for the second quarter of the year? You can join for any quarter, so if you didn't participate in the first quarter, but want to play along, now is the perfect time. You can link your second quarter goal lists until the 15th of April.