This weekend I finished the main item for my ~sewing room swap~ partner. I'm really quite pleased with how this set of fabric baskets turned out. Like my prototype a week or so ago, I used the nesting fabric bowls pattern from a cuppa and a catch up (this is the 7" size).
I would describe the central panel of each basket as "free piecing" - I didn't have a pattern or much of a plan in mind when I started, and apart from trimming each panel to the right width, there was not a lot of measuring involved. It was really quite fun and a liberating way to work. I learned something too. If you are going to make free pieced little houses, it works a lot better if you make the roof first and then make the main part of the house to fit the roof, rather than the other way around.
I really hope my partner likes these!
and with Finish it up Friday at crazy mom quilts.