Monday, 15 October 2012

Dappled sunlight - quilt top complete

I finished up the quilt top for my dappled sunlight quilt (other process posts here, here, here and here) on Saturday night, but only got a chance to take photos this evening.  Getting good photos of my quilting efforts is a real challenge for me - I need the weather to co-operate, at a time I am available to take photos.  I was desperately trying to take these photos in the last of the daylight as the sun went down behind the hills to the west of my house.

This quilt looks a bit wrinkly, but a good starching before I baste it will sort it right out.

I am pretty happy with how this quilt is turning out.  I think it is one of my better efforts in terms of the precision of the piecing - all the points are lining up pretty nicely.  I guess I have finally got the hang of consistent quarter inch seams - yay!

1 comment:

Fran said...

Great photos! I love how it turned out.