So after all that thinking about sponsorship (here and here, if you missed it), I eventually got my act together and approached a few potential sponsors. Fat Quarter Shop had to be on the list and I'm now very pleased to introduce them as my first sponsor!
Here's why I like Fat Quarter Shop:
- they have a HUGE range of high quality quilting fabrics, and stock both modern and more traditional designs so there is something for everyone.
- their sale section is brilliant, especially when I need lots of yardage for a quilt back - there's always a bargain to be had.
- the presentation of their packages is outstanding - the fabric is always beautifully presented and it's almost a shame to unfold it!
- they are a massive supporter of the online quilting community and regularly provide prizes for quilt-alongs, challenges and other online events.
- they stock one of my favourite solid collections, Moda Bella Solids.
So Fat Quarter Shop has been generous enough to offer a $20 gift certificate to one of my readers. What would you buy? I think I might be tempted by one of the design rolls that are currently on sale. Joel Dewberry's latest collection Bungalow definitely caught my eye.
As did Heather Bailey's latest collection, Lottie Da. By the way, has anyone else noticed how many good purple fabrics are coming out just at the moment? I have, and it's pleasing. Good purples are hard to find!
To enter the giveaway, head over to Fat Quarter Shop and then leave a comment on this post letting me know what you would buy if you won. If you want, you can get an extra entry for each of the following (just leave an extra comment for each that applies):
- following my blog through google friend connect or a feed reader like bloglovin' or feedly (new and existing followers both count);
- liking my facebook page; and
- sharing this giveaway via your favourite social media (you could blog about it, share it on facebook, tweet about it, whatever!).
This giveaway is open to everyone (including international participants), but if I can't contact you, you can't win. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave your email address in the comment.
The giveaway will stay open until around 10 pm Friday 27 September 2013 (New Zealand Time), and I will use the random number generator at random.org to pick a winner then.
Good luck everyone! By the way, I usually respond to all comments, but giveaways can be a little overwhelming, so I hope you don't mind if I don't respond to your comment on this post. Also, please don't be concerned that my blog is going to be all about sponsored content from here on out. It won't. For the most part it will be exactly the same, with a couple of extra buttons in the sidebar. But I think it's only fair to introduce my sponsors as they come on board, and let you know why I've picked them to partner with. Also, I'm stoked to be able to offer you the chance to win free fabric!
UPDATE - GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED - THANKS SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED