I have decided to take part in the 2013 Finish-A-Long, this year being hosted by Leanne of she can quilt. The idea is that in the first week of each quarter, you make a list of the works in progress of unfinished objects that you plan to finish by the end of that quarter. At the end of the quarter, you see how you have done - and how everyone else participating in the Finish-A-Long has done. Full details here.
So, my list for the first quarter of 2013, in no particular order:
1. A Brighter Shade of Pale Quilt. I am three quarters of the way through quilting this in a cross-hatch pattern, and I have the binding fabric picked and ready, so this should be well and truly done and dusted by the end of March.
2. Giant Star Quilt. I have completely quilted the star section, and two of the eight background sections. It won't take too long to finish but I am waiting on some more thread to arrive at my local quilt shop.
3. Equilateral Triangle Quilt (now called Lil Debbie). I need to baste, quilt and bind this.
4. Emeralds and Ice Quilt. I haven't made much progress on this beyond cutting the fabric, but it is for a friend's wedding in February so I need to get it done asap. It will also double as my entry in the 2013 Pantone Quilt Challenge (flickr group here), although I am using the colour I think of as emerald rather than the colour Pantone calls emerald, which is more of a teal than a true green to me.
5. Scrappy trip-along quilt. I have made two out of the 16 blocks I am making for this quilt - they don't seem to go quite as fast for me as other people have found, but maybe that's because this quilt doesn't have a deadline so it is not as high of a priority.
6. & 7. Waterbaby I and Waterbaby II. Waterbaby I is a green and blue quilt I am making for a family friend's baby, due late March. I decided to be efficient and make two similar quilts out of the same fabrics, and I would like Waterbaby II to be ready to sell at a market I have a stall at in early March. I have got as far as cutting the fabric and no further.
8. Noteworthy quilt. This is a quilt I have designed and am making for publication. I can't say much other than that I am using the latest line that Sweetwater have designed for Moda, Noteworthy, and it is lovely. My deadline is the end of March, so this is another must-do. I haven't even started cutting fabric, but I have prepared all the paper piecing templates, so I hope that counts for finish-a-long purposes.
9. Typewriter cushion. I started this in December, and would like to get it finished in time for the market in early March.
Ambitious much? Are you participating in the 2013 Finish-A-Long?