I was sick last week and had several days off work. I cranked up the heater and camped out in the lounge with the Olympic Games and my sewing machine.
I had a quilt to bind, but was feeling too low on energy to try and wrangle binding onto it. So, instead, I worked on my granny squares.
There are a lot of small pieces in each granny square, and a lot of seams. Because I was working with charm packs, and wanted to keep these scrappy, I didn't really have the option of strip piecing these (although, if I made them again, I would be tempted to follow this method). In other circumstances, the time consuming nature of this project might have driven me a bit batty.
I have cut quite a few of the sashing strips I will need to put this quilt together. I have made them quite wide so the coloured granny squares will look like they're floating. Now to trim all 25...